The parish council have received confirmation from Breckland District Council that they may co-opt to one of the current councillor vacancies.
To be able to stand as a candidate in England you must:
- be at least 18 years old
- be a British citizen, an eligible Commonwealth citizen or a citizen of any member state of the European Union, and
- meet at least one of the following four qualifications:
- You are, and will continue to be, registered as a local government elector for the parish/community in which you wish to stand from the day of your nomination onwards.
- You have occupied as owner or tenant any land or other premises in the parish/community area during the whole of the 12 months before the day of your nomination.
- Your main or only place of work during the 12 months prior to the day of your nomination has been in the parish/community area.
- You have lived in the parish/community area or within three miles of it during the whole of the 12 months before the day of your nomination.
If you would like more information, please contact the clerk at email@example.com
If there is a meeting of the parish council on 19 December, the co-option will be considered then. If there is no December meeting it will be at the meeting on 16 January 2019. Interested parties will be invited to say a few words about themselves, why they are interested in the position and if they have any specific areas of interest, e.g. planning, amenities, speeding etc.